Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An Evening Garden Tour


Come join me for an evening tour of our back yard.

It's 8:30 pm and the temperature is still in the 70's. What a gorgeous evening! All the path lights are lit, casting their glow around the grass area.

This view is looking up towards the lawn, with the large planting area to the right.
To the left, you can see the Monet like arbor and tent.


It's getting darker. I love how the Monterey Cypress looks silhouetted against the sky.
It is in the neighbor's backyard, but we get to enjoy the view.
A few weeks ago, the fence was solid pink with Cecile Brunner roses.

Isn't the pool a lovely turquoise this evening?

The arbor is loaded with climbing New Dawn roses. I've never seen it this full. I think it is because of all the rain this year.

I see a little "blue hour!"

Here is my little angel illuminated in the flower bed, holding water for the birds.

Even the roses look aglow at this time of night, thanks to the garden lights. It almost looks like daylight!

Hard to believe it's now 9:30 pm! See the glimpse of blue?
I hope you have enjoyed touring my garden this evening. Thanks for stopping by!

I'm linking up to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.
Thanks Susan for hosting.

Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More