Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Table For One Please


Last week Mr. A went fishing for four days and left me "home alone."
So, on Friday evening, I decided to set a tablescape for one using my favorite majolica plate.

The chargers I ordered from Nell Hill's were delivered that afternoon, so that was my inspiration for this rustic table for one.

A pitcher of freshly picked garden flowers and a compote of strawberries pulled it all together.

Although this vase looks old, it's actually a reproduction.

My dessert!

My dinner! Chicken, polenta and salad. Simple and good!

An ice cold "Arnold Palmer" for my drink to go with.

Meanwhile, Mr. A is fishing the McCloud River and comes across this fantasy castle in the middle of nowhere. It was built by William Randolph Hearst. Designed by Julia Morgan, he called it "Wyntoon." Very few people actually get to see this castle. You can read about it here.

Nice fish!

Speaking of fish! Tonight we are going to a movie premiere of The River Why.
I'm very excited as I read this book over twenty years ago and loved it.
It's about a young man who leaves the big city life to live in a secluded cabin on a wild river.
It's being shown at the George Lucas's Digital Arts Center in the Presidio. Can't wait to visit this special place as well!

I'll be joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
And Michael at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.
I'm also joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Fridays.
On Saturday, I'm joining Laurie at Bargain Hunting with Laurie for Favorite Things Saturday.
Thanks ladies for hosting!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More